We’re back on air… with 8 things you need to know
NOTE: Just when we thought we had our email working, it’s down again. This blog post is an inside peek into an email that should have gone out Friday, now hopefully makes it Monday.
We’ve literally been ‘off line’ for 4 weeks… working on a mountain of things we’ll be talking about over the next few weeks.
And just as I got ready to send this note last week… the biggest bombshell of all was dropped… my being banned from entering the UK.
Here are brief notes on a few items, many of which I’ll discuss in more detail in the days ahead:
- The UK issue: if you somehow haven’t heard, last week Theresa May, the British Home Office secretary, issued a personal directive that I not be allowed to enter the UK. I’d been invited to speak at The Martial Arts Show in Birmingham, UK. There are literally 100′s of news reports about what happened scattered across the internet. We’ve put some links on the homepage and a lot more here. The Alex Jones radio interview I did is particularly good.
I’ve given interviews almost non-stop (even on Russian TV). As you can imagine, this has occupied nearly all my attention the past week, and much of our staff’s as well. It’s not over. I’ll keep you updated.
- Articles: The link to the year-end BlackBelt article is back up. Many people missed this terrific article that went along with my December BlackBelt cover and election as BlackBelt Self Defense Instructor of the Year. We pulled it down while the magazine was on sale but it’s back up now. Titled, “When Violence IS the Answer, Target Focus Training is Your Best Bet for Survival”, you can access it here. It’s a great overview of why TFT is so effectively different.
Along those lines, we also have a copy of the Blitz magazine cover article available here. Managing Editor Ben Stone asked some of the most direct questions I’ve ever answered in an interview. I think you’ll find it eye-opening whether you’re a new reader or you’ve been with us for years.
- Charles Staley fitness: Charles got pulled away on a major project but he’s back. We’ll be putting up a webpage later this week for those who indicated an interest in having Charles possibly work with them on their fitness. We will contact each of you individually.
If you’re new to our list, here’s a link to Charles’ last blog post where we talked about this.
- Live Classes: This weekend is our only TFT base class in May. We do have 1 (possibly 2) spots open. Email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested or want to be on the short-notice waiting list once both those spots get snapped up.
The New York class June 9-10 is next. We’ve moved this class to a terrific new facility in Manhattan so this means there are now a few new openings available. Not much time to nab your place.
- Speaking of Sarah… we’re excited to announce she’s now on board and coordinating our customer service. Her full name is Sarah McCutcheon and you’ll be hearing more from her as she settles into her new role. (Attendees at last month’s Vegas class got to meet Sarah in person, as she learned TFT first-hand… out on the mats.) You can reach Sarah at her email listed above or by calling 206-686-3469. We’ll have a new direct phone line for her in a couple weeks.
- Last weekend’s Advanced Training in Las Vegas was a huge hit. Even though we filmed these sessions (it’s already in edit — look for it next month), once you read the reviews you’ll understand why you want to be at the next one — in person.
And finally, we’ve just received the CDs of the new professionally-read audio recordings of our book, “How to Survive The Most Critical 5 Seconds of Your Life.” More than 5 hours in length, everyone who’s listened is amazed at how much more you take away both reading and listening to the words. Look for a special book/audio offer (both digital and hardcopy) in the next week. And kudos to voice pro, Chris Cox, for his amazing work.
Again, I’ll have more info about these and other items in the next few days.
PS. Almost forgot another entry on the blog. Chris has a great post (it’s 2 down from this one), “15 seconds and you’re winded…”
We talk endlessly about conditioning not playing a major role in dealing with violence. This post will open your eyes as to why it doesn’t work… EVEN if you are in superb shape. It’s new research you’ll want to understand.
There’s a special offer for our TFT Striking DVD set at the end of Chris’ comments. Since we didn’t get word out about this earlier, we’ll make that available through Friday.